Skip to main content

Kannywood superstar pretty actress, Maryam Waziri Musa who resides and plies her trade as an actor in Kano, has made some revelation in a new exclusive interview.

                             Maryam Musa

In an exclusive interview with Daily Sun which was conducted in Kano, 25-year-old popular Kannywood actress, Maryam Waziri Musa, has opened up about her passion for acting, plans for marriage and why she cannot play romantic roles in movies.

Below are excerpts from the chat;

How did your acting career begin?

It began immediately after graduation from University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID). I was so passionate about acting I had to relocate from Gombe State where I grew up to Kano State. Fortunately, I met some producers who assisted me to find my feet in the Hausa movie industry. So far, I have featured in flicks like Muguwar Mace, Yan Zamani, Labarina, Ya Ko Kishiya, Yakin Mata, and Aminan Juna. However, back in Gombe, I had also acted in about three movies.

Which movie would you say brought you into the limelight?

Wow! They are Muguwar Mace and Yan Zamani.

Considering your Islamic background, how are you coping with the rules and regulations barring kissing, romance or even touching a man in a movie?

It is not just within the entertainment industry, the Islamic religion and Hausa tradition condemn it. As actresses, we are not allowed to sit close to a man who is not our husband, and since you are not married in real life, you don’t have to depict it in movies. Our religion forbids it. However, it makes the movies look fake because you cannot touch a man who is your husband in a movie, even when he is sick. Professionally, I feel bad. However, I don’t have any regret not touching a man or playing romantic roles because my Islamic faith is my priority.

Some of your counterparts are now featuring in English movies; do you have any plan to join them?

Though, we are not restricted as regards acting in English movies, I have issues considering the roles you are asked to depict. So, I don’t see myself playing such roles.

Who is the man after your heart?

No man for now, but I am seriously searching for the man after my heart.

It is a trend among Hausa ladies to wear artistic lilies on their bodies but you are not wearing any, why?

It is a tradition and a trend among our ladies. It makes us outstanding in any social gathering or wedding. I wear it especially on occasions or when I am playing the role of a bride in a movie. Meanwhile, I have lilies on my nails and a simple one on my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JAMB

The Federal Government has directed the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to consult with the relevant stakeholders so as to come up with new and separate cut-off marks for admission into universities, polytechnics and colleges of education from next year.  A statement issued on Monday by the Deputy Director (Press and Public Relations), in the Ministry of Education, Ben Goong, said the Minister of State for Education, Prof. Anthony Anwukah, gave the directive after a one-day meeting with chief executive officers in the ministry. According to him, it is wrong to subject candidates seeking admission to different higher institutions to the same cut-off marks when the duration and contents of their courses are different. The minister also approved the decision by JAMB to reduce its cut-off marks for admission into tertiary institutions. Anwukah maintained that the current policy of adopting 180 as the uniform cut-off point for admission lacked fairness, equity and logic. Goong sai...

Tearful Wife Narrates How She Caught Her Husband Having S*x with the Niece

A woman has been left devastated after catching her husband on top of her niece having s*x on their matrimonial home. A Kenyan woman, Grace Maina from Nanyuki has shocked people after she exposed her husband of six years for sleeping with her niece. Grace narrated the story on her Facebook account as she narrated how she caught her niece in their matrimonial bed Having s*x with the husband. The worst part of it is that her niece is pregnant.